Azure and Eclipse: deployment with remote desktop enabled

Hi,
After a long time I decided to post here my findings on using Eclipse as a development tool for Azure (we have free credits, so why not?!)

My first issue was how to publish a project to azure with remote desktop support from within Eclipse. At first I achieved this by uploading the project without remote desktop support, since the “Publish” button did not work when using the remote connection option from Eclipse.

After reading the Eclipse logs, I found the following entry:

!ENTRY WAEclipsePlugin 4 0 2013-06-12 11:22:03.460
!MESSAGE Error occurred while configuring remote access.
!STACK 0
java.lang.Exception: Exception occurred while invoking encutil
at com.microsoftopentechnologies.wacommon.utils.EncUtilHelper.encInvocation(EncUtilHelper.java:122)
at com.microsoftopentechnologies.wacommon.utils.EncUtilHelper.getThumbPrint(EncUtilHelper.java:65)
at com.gigaspaces.azure.wizards.DeployWizard.handleRDPSettings(DeployWizard.java:318)
at com.gigaspaces.azure.wizards.DeployWizard.performFinish(DeployWizard.java:115)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.finishPressed(WizardDialog.java:827)

bla,bla,bla

Caused by: java.lang.Exception: The system cannot find the file specified.
at com.microsoftopentechnologies.wacommon.utils.EncUtilHelper.encInvocation(EncUtilHelper.java:118)
... 47 more

So I thounght that maybe the encutil file was not found…. but the error was so hard to read, so I decided to download and recompile the wacommon plugin for azure from HERE.

I modified the EncUtils file, so I can see the whole command that was issued from the plugin.
Basically, I changed the line 122 (or 123…I am not sure :) ) that showed the exception for the following:

throw new Exception("Exception occurred while invoking " + Arrays.toString(command) , e);

After compiling and installing this new plugin (I removed the old one and I accepted the installation without a signature), the following appeared at the log

!ENTRY WAEclipsePlugin 4 0 2013-06-12 11:45:33.870
!MESSAGE Error occurred while configuring remote access.
!STACK 0
java.lang.Exception: Exception occurred while invoking [C:\programs\programming\eclipse\plugins\com.persistent.winazure.eclipseplugin\encutil, -thumbprint, -cert, C:\workspaces\fantaxico\CentralServerAzure\cert\SampleRemoteAccessPublic.cer]
at com.microsoftopentechnologies.wacommon.utils.EncUtilHelper.encInvocation(EncUtilHelper.java:123)
at com.microsoftopentechnologies.wacommon.utils.EncUtilHelper.getThumbPrint(EncUtilHelper.java:66)
at com.gigaspaces.azure.wizards.DeployWizard.handleRDPSettings(DeployWizard.java:318)
at com.gigaspaces.azure.wizards.DeployWizard.performFinish(DeployWizard.java:115)

Now, wait a minute…that is not the certificate I am using!! I use my own certificate in this project. WTF!
I searched for “SampleRemoteAccessPublic” on my project and it was not found anywhere… so something was hardcoded somewhere and was making my deployment to fail.

The solution was to copy the certificate I was using (and the pfx too) to the folder the plugin was expected and rename them to SampleRemoteAccessPublic.cer and SampleRemoteAccessPublic.pfx.

Not the nicest solution, but at least it is working now!

  1. No comments yet.

  1. No trackbacks yet.

WP-SpamFree by Pole Position Marketing